September 15, 2010

Happy feelings for being Awarded as "Best Teacher of TJC"


A small view of T. John College

It is being four and half years almost I have been serving T. John College as Hotel Management Faculty since 2006. I have been watching the growth of T. John Group of Institutions. We have course "Bachelor in Hotel Management (BHM) - 4 years" recognized by Bangalore University and affiliated to AICTE. 
In fact I must tell you that BHM was the first course started in T. John College in the year 1993. It has its own reputation and image.

This college has given me opportunity to learn so many things beyond my regular teaching activities. Out of which most importants are: -
  • Procedure for affiliation related works to Bangalore University.
  • AICTE affiliation details.
  • ISO auditing and its various clauses.
  • NAAC Accreditation and its correspondences.
For my sincere and hard work, College has given me the post of ISO Coordinator for T. John College. It is a prestigious post which holds me responsible for Quality Updating and Quality Improvement to our College. 

Even after getting good exposure also somewhere I was suffering from depression and frustration because I felt in spite of doing lots of work for the college, management didn't notice me. 

Finally it was 07th September 2010, when everyone in T. John College were celebrating Ethnic Day and Teachers Day, Dr. George Easaw, Principal and Dr. Nilanjana Basu, Vice-Principal of T. John College announced my name as "The Best Teacher of T. John College" for the UG Category along side Mrs. Mohini Bhat as Best Teacher for PG Category.

It is my happy feelings today, not only for getting awarded as Best Teacher, but also I have realized that sincere and hard work will definitely pay one day.

Photo courtesy to Mr. Anand (System Administrator, TJGOI)

No comments:

Post a Comment