August 09, 2012

A Nice Story : The Businessman and The Fisherman

Once a fisherman was sitting near the seashore, under the shadow of a tree smoking his beedi. Suddenly a rich businessman passing by approached him and enquired why he was sitting under the tree and not working. To this the poor fisherman replied that he had caught enough fishes for the day.

Hearing this, businessman got angry and said: “Why don’t you catch more fishes instead of wasting time?”

Fisherman: “I have had enough like I told you. Why more?”

Businessman: “You could catch more and sell more and make more money.”

Fisherman: “What would I do then?”

Businessman: “You could buy a bigger boat with the money and go to the deeper sea, catch bigger fishes and earn even more money”

Fisherman: “What would I do then?”

Businessman: “You could buy even more boats, employ people to catch fishes for you and earn even more money and be a rich businessman like me”

Fisherman: “What would I do then?”

Businessman: “You could enjoy your life peacefully”

Fisherman: “What do you think I am doing right now?”

*****************
Moral: You don’t need to wait for tomorrow to enjoy and be happy. Life is here at this moment, so enjoy, live and love it!

Courtesy to my friend Audrey Pereira

No comments:

Post a Comment