November 06, 2014

A Journey to Roorkee (Uttarakhand)

Roorkee is a place situated in Uttarakhand state, it is popular for seasonal changes, hilly areas and quiet a lot of forest attractions. I had visited the place during the last week of October'14 to attend our group's HR & Trainer's Meet, which was scheduled to happen in Hometel, Roorkee.
It was for the first time I traveled to Delhi by Train, whereas other times I prefer to take a flight to save ample time. But the thrilling which i heard from my colleagues about journey from Delhi to Roorkee by hiring a cab, was not so excited. 
Myself and my two colleagues hired a cab to Roorkee from Delhi thinking that we would be witnessing lots of hills and green visuals, but utter to our surprise nothing that sort came on our way, it was just the regular road with tarffics unexpected.
Only few things excited me as hotelier that on the way we could see some Carlson Group of Hotels, which I had not seen earlier.
Overall, the journey was tiresome...









Photo Courtesy to Self

No comments:

Post a Comment