November 06, 2014

My stay at Hometel, Roorkee - A Sarovar Hotel

I had my visit to Roorkee very recently and stayed in Hometel Roorkee, where we were having our Annual HR and Trainer's Meet. Although the hotel belongs to the group in which I do work presently, still I couldn't resist myself to pen down certain things on the paper about the hotel which I found people must know about.

Let me start in this way...

Before arriving, while I asked for the route direction while called to reception, a lady misguided me by rigorously insisting me to take a cab from hotel side, whereas I was already in a cab hired from Delhi and was on my way to the hotel. Anyways thank God that android applications helped me to google the hotel finally.

On arrival, there was nothing ready for us, be it the reg card or room allocation. There was no body at the porch to open the main gate.

In the room, it was on double occupancy, there was only one soap in bath room (having seepage), a plate of soggy cookies were kept on the writing table, bed sheet had stains and torn too.

Throughout our  stay, we have not seen the Front Office Manager to smile at any point of time, the HR Manager seems to be very depressed and helpless, chef is choosy to meet the people, GM is over balanced person in size, not meeting guests other than his own staffs. I found their House Keeping in-charge is a jolly guy.

On the second day of my stay, from dinner buffet I picked up mutton dish, I guess there was some problem with mutton and I was not able to sleep that night, as I got stomach upset very badly. Eventually the same thing happened to two of my colleagues who took the mutton along with me. The very next day I told the same thing to their manager on duty and to duty chef also, but it seems nobody interested to get back to me even later.

We were instructed to clear the bill in previous evening as we would be checking out in the early morning of next day, I had to wait for 75 minutes to have it done. Although there was no critical posting in my folio other that room charge and station transfer charge. 

Well, being hotelier I found these not upto the mark, the list could have gone long but I didn't use many more facilities which they were offering.

The very good thing I must mention that all the employees in Food and Beverage Service department were happy at work, jolly in nature and very much helpful.

The hotel is situated away from the city crowd, and in the mid of small forest.







1 comment:

  1. Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing your trip. Take a break at hotels in Roorkee while you are there. Being in the city, you can enjoy your vacation by visiting numerous places in and around the city. Explore all best hotels in Roorkee.

    ReplyDelete