July 21, 2020

'Random Act of Kindness'........ An amazing story

How sometimes we all should show the kindness to the people who need our attention. I was undergoing an article recently and found an interesting story on 'Random Act of Kindness'. It got stuck in my mind and I remembered that when I was in Bangalore I did the same to someone in almost similar way.

Let me take you through the story..........


A man often bought oranges from an old lady in an open market.
After they were weighed, paid for and put in his bag, he would always pick one from his bag, peel it, put a segment in his mouth, complain it's sour and pass on the orange to the seller.

The old lady would put one segment in her mouth and retort, "why, it's sweet," but by then he was gone with his bag.

His wife, always with him, asked, "the oranges are always sweet, then why this drama every time?"

He smiled, "the old mother sells sweet oranges but never eats them herself. This way I get her to eat one, without losing her money. That's all."

The vegetable seller next to the old lady, saw this everyday.
She chided, "every time this man fusses over your oranges, and I see that you always weigh a few extra for him. Why?"

The old lady smiled, "I know he does this to feed me an orange, only, he thinks I don't understand. I never weigh extra. His love tilts the scale slightly every time."

Moral of the story : Life's joys are in these sweet little gestures of love and respect for our fellow beings. Let us always pray to God to grant us the ability to show such amazing kindness and gestures

No comments:

Post a Comment