February 07, 2011

Corporate Tensions....(Self Experience)

I used to think earlier that managers are the most happiest persons in an organization, because they wear suits, they do not do any hard work, they just sits in a cabin which could be air-conditioned and earns good salary.
...
This is the common perception which almost everyone has unless He/ She is a Manager.
...
Today I am realizing what type of tensions a manager has to bear while on duty. 
I think today was one of my hectic day in our Hotel. 
There were lots of works back to back, starting from attending morning GM's Meeting, followed by taking orientation program for newly joined staffs, then Guest Comment card Analysis and doing follow up of the same, Tabulating staffs details for Health Insurance (which we have just started recently), interviewing candidates (full round) in absence of HR Manager and finalizing his candidature with joining date.........Oops.... My day is too hectic......
..
And also I had to ensure that Training sessions are conducted for our staffs time to time as per schedule...
Apart from the above, solving lot of staff grievances pertaining to their salary issue as well as few deduction issues....
Ya it is true that I am doing hard work like my workers (staffs), but I am more involved in mental work (taking corporate decision, solving issues, etc.)
...
I have realized today what corporate tensions are and how they will come on to your way, and also how you will get the ways to solve them one by one... 

No comments:

Post a Comment