February 18, 2011

CREATIVE TOUCH……....


A story of Abraham Lincoln:
On the first day as President Abraham Lincoln entered to give his inaugural speech, just in the middle, one man stood up. He was a rich aristocrat. He said, “Mr. Lincoln, you should not forget that your father used to make shoes for my family”. The whole senate laughed; they thought they had made fool to Abraham Lincoln.

But Lincoln made all the people surprised and stunt by his reply to that aristocrat. Lincoln said, “Sir I know that my father used to make shoes in your house for your family and there will be many others here. Because the way he made the shoes, nobody else can make. He was a creator. His shoes were not just the shoes; he poured his soul in it. I want to ask you, have you any complaint? Because I know how to make shoes myself, if you have any complaint, then I can make another pair of shoes for you. But as far as I know nobody has ever complaint about my father’s shoes. He was a Genius, a great Creator, I am proud of my father.”

The whole senate was stuck dumb. They could not understand what type of person Abraham Lincoln was. He had made shoe making an art, a creativity. And he was proud of his father because is father did the job so well that not even a single complaint had been heard.

It does not matter what you do. What matters is how you do it – of our own accord, with our own Vision, with your own love and affection. Then whatever you touch becomes gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment