February 08, 2011

Saraswati Puja.....2011

Today is "SARASWATI PUJA". Goddess Saraswati is the God of Education and Learning. 
The Eastern part of India celebrates the day by offering pujas to Goddess Saraswati and followed by having bhog (prasadam).
It is believed to be auspicious that on this particular day all the students as well as educators keep fasting for Maata Saraswati and pray for having good education & knowledge by offering puja.  
...
The day I came here in Hosur for my new job, I have almost forgotten the traditional celebrations and festivals of my native, one among them is Saraswati Puja. Fortunately, one of my friend rang up yesterday and reminded me about the same and suddenly I realized that as if I am lost....

I am missing my home town and missing all these small small festivals.

No comments:

Post a Comment