March 08, 2011

Non-Stop working.......Tired and Painful

While taking interview to candidates we do ask frequently, "Can you work beyond 12 hours?" and the reply comes from the candidates as "Yes, Sir, I can work more than 12 hours a day", added to that some candidates over express themselves, "In fact in my previous job I used to work 14 - 15 hours a day".
True.... they work more than the prescribed hours...but not all the time. Only when the situation demands, they work more, moreover it is his/her capacity that he/she can work for long hours at a stretch....
..
I have been doing the same for quiet a long time. It is approximately 25 non-stop days I have been reporting at work at 8:30 am and timing out at 2:00 am early morning.......
You can think that a Manager should work like this, after all he is a manager... true..
But it is the extra work what i was assigned to do.
The fact is our Food and Beverage Manager has gone for quiet a long leave on last month and to take care of his  responsibilities our General Manager assigned me, hence it became my additional responsibility to carry out the job of F&B Manager. But yes it is wonderful experience to have daily banquet functions and out door caterings (ODC) in between.
F&B Operations continue till it's closing, it means till at least 12:00am and after that being MOD (Manager on Duty) that is Duty Manager, need to stay till 2:00 am early morning.
......
Its non-stop working for me........Very much tired and Painful......But at the end of the day I got Satisfaction...

No comments:

Post a Comment