August 13, 2020

Funny A.I. - My work anniversary wish from HR !!

It was the date 13-August-2018, when I joined Novotel Hyderabad Convention Centre and HICC as Associate Director - Learning & Development. With new energy and enthusiasm and with the cooperation from my then colleagues and team I was able to sustain and perform my duties and responsibilities to the fullest. In the tenure over there many recognitions came to the hotel. I myself also received two awards for 'Best L&D Leader' category - one from Accor and another from UBS Forum

However, COVID-19 has changed the scenario a bit. It tasted many professions and professionals as well. I was not someone who was spared off. I was also laid off close to a month and half before.

Fixing my mind hard to cope-up with the situation and moving ahead of life, I tried to forget few toxic people's behaviour and influences which I experienced in last six months of my tenure there at NHCC and HICC; after all I am not part of that team at all.

I was quiet successful in doing that. 

But today morning (13-August-2020) at 7:10 am I received an email in my gmail account and it made me laugh. I couldn't control myself, so i read several times to get over it. It left me surprised how an artificial intelligence (AI) will always remain artificial unless it is properly handled by the user.

The so called capable HR department (the AI user) had a habit of data inputs for every employee joining the organization, so their date of joining and birth & anniversary dates along with other necessary details are fed into the system. Even after leaving the organization, where my full and final settlement was done in quick manner (by the Head for his satisfaction), the capable team couldn't fed the right data of 'exit' probably; as a result I receive a lovely wish from the hotel stating that "Team Novotel Hyderabad Convention Center (Accor Hotels) wishes you a very Happy Work Anniversary! Have a nice day and a great year ahead."

Wow ! I wish I could still be part of the organization (which I wanted but..) but it made me laugh for a solid few minutes.

God bless such capable professionals and the organization !!


Note: This image courtesy (screenshot) is to self, it is not for sharing with anyone for negative purpose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment